CYCA Wireless Internet
The CYCA has two Wi-fi services installed for the benefit of its members and guests
Member Only Complimentary Wi-Fi Access: This Wifi service is provided to CYCA members on a complimentary basis whilst in the environs of the CYCA Clubhouse. Members must obtain an access code from Reception during office hours or the concierge out of office hours.
By utilising this service you agree to abide by CYCA By Law 7 and the CYCA Member Only Complimentary Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions. Time, download and upload limits apply.
Airlan Wi-fi: This wi-fi hotpot, provided by Airlan http://www.airlan.com.au, covers the entire CYCA site and is a user-pays service.
Pre-paid data plans can be purchased online (when prompted using the CYCA Wireless Hotspot) or at CYCA Reception.
Prices are as follows:
- 1 hour Internet Access with unlimited downloads for only $5.50. 12 hours use by time
- 5 hours Internet Access with unlimited downloads for only $15.95. 5 days use by time
- 10 hours Internet Access with unlimited downloads for only $21.95. 10 days use by time
- 20 hours Internet Access with unlimited downloads for only $32.95. 20 days use by time
- 40 hours Internet Access with unlimited downloads for only $49.95. 30 days use by time.
Any unused prepaid time is not refundable.
Airlan provides complimentary access to the CYCA, Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race, and Sydney Gold Coast Yacht Race websites when members and visitors are within the network boundaries when visiting the club.
TO CONNECT TO AIRLAN AT THE CYCA
- You must be located at the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia, 1 New Beach Road, Darling Point NSW 2027 to access this service.
- Switch on your Wi-Fi enabled device
- If your notebook is operating Windows XP or MAC OS, you should be automatically prompted to connect to the CYCA/Airlan network. Follow this prompt and then skip to step 5. If not, follow step 4 below first.
- Use the management software that operates your WiFi card to configure your device to connect to the Airlan network. Open this software by clicking on the relevant icon that appears in your toolbar/system tray (usually bottom right of your screen). A) Ensure that WEP/data encryption is switched off; and B) Click 'OK' to confirm these settings
- Open your web browser and open any valid web page. Within 30 seconds you be automatically connected to the CYCA/Airlan Login Screen. Follow the onscreen login process. Make sure you have popup enabled for this login page as status window will be popped up after logging in to enable you to log off.
- To establish a secure network connection open your VPN software
- To finish a session, disconnect your VPNs (if used), and then click the 'Logout' button provided on the popup window.
The wireless broadband is supplied by Airlan http://www.airlan.com.au. Prices, plans and conditions may change without notice, check website for all current plans, prices and conditions before use.