Take a tour of the new CYCA website
On behalf of the board of directors I am delighted to welcome
you to the new look CYCA website.
In March of this year the board approved the necessary funding
required to redevelop the club website, the club newsletter and the
Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race website. This was a direct response
to feedback received from the members survey conducted in 2011.
Since approval was granted a team has worked behind the scenes
to capture member feedback as to what features and benefits the
club website should include.
Today (14 September 2012), we deliver a fresher, more
contemporary and easier to use website that enables CYCA members
and visitors to the site the ability to take advantage of club
Some of the new features include;
- A new member only section that allows you to update your
personal details, check account statements and pay your club
- Easier access to our extensive calendar of sailing events and
view race results online;
- An online notice board that will keep you up to date with
what's going on around the club;
- An online calendar that allows you to insert club events
directly into your electronic calendar and register your attendance
for our many complimentary events or pay for tickets to our various
- An online shop for all club merchandise;
- Digitising the treasuretrove of archival material collected
since the club was established in 1945.
- An enhanced news and information section that will deliver
better quality and greater selection of digital photo's and
- A club facebook and twitter page.
The site has also been designed for easy viewing on you smart
phone or tablet device.
I'd like to thank all those members who provided their time and
opinions in helping shape the new website into what has been
delivered today and I hope you enjoy the information and online
Howard Piggott - Commodore