The Cruising Yacht Club of Australia was formed in 1944 and ran its first Sydney Hobart Race in 1945. Since its establishment the CYCA has developed from a boatshed in Rushcutters Bay into Australia's most prestigious yacht club
The CYCA offers its members:
- Fully modernised clubhouse with two superb upper level function rooms and balconies that offer breathtaking city skyline and northern harbour views
- A selection of dining experiences from a casual al fresco meal on the deck to group bookings of 20 or more in the Rani room ph. 8292 7892 for bookings
- The choice of two bars - the Sydney Hobart Bar & Bottle shop that spills onto the clubhouse deck or the member's only Coaster's Retreat with its exceptional water views. Member discounts apply.
- An ideal location for small or large corporate functions and seminars as delegates are motivated and inspired to produce their best amongst the opulent trophies and memorabilia of sailing successes in years gone by. Workshops and seminars can be linked with team building exercises on Sydney Harbour or in the adjoining Rushcutters Bay Park.
- If you are a boat owner, club membership offers special privileges including a floating 213-berth marina, year-round sailing programme and all associated on-site services such as an onsite shipwright, riggers, and sailing school. Chandlery facilities are located nearby
- Members are offered complimentary berthing on the marina one night a week (subject to availability, must be pre-booked)
- Swing moorings in America Bay (subject to availability)
- Bi-monthly subscription to Offshore Yachting, the official magazine of the Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
- Weekly email newsletter
- Exclusive membership promotions
- Reciprocal rights to affiliated yacht clubs
- Access to onsite car parking
- Wireless internet access across the site (conditions apply)
- Discounted race entry fees
- Twilight social sailing on Sydney Harbour on Mondays & Wednesdays in summer and Sunday harbour racing in winter
- Short & long offshore races and pointscore series
- The ability to sign in guests to enjoy the facilities
- Year-round Youth Sailing Academy training school for 12 - 24 year olds
- Strong cruising division
- Opportunities to get to know fellow members and upgrade skills via club volunteer programs
- Members' social and information nights
- Member's 10% discount in the bars and bottle shop
- Extensive club merchandise for yourself or as gifts (10% member's discount applies).
The CYCA is a Registered Club, which means visitors who reside outside the 5km radius of the club may sign in as temporary members for the day. For those who reside within the 5km radius of the club, please consider joining the CYCA, otherwise you need to be a guest of a member to gain entry.
If you live locally and would like to utilise the club's world-class facilities, or if you want to avoid the long queues on race days you can now discover the benefits of membership.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or download a membership application form here.