CYCA Elliott 7's Series 2017
An invitation is extended to CYCA Members and their friends to enter the Elliott 7 Series which will have both a summer and spring pointscore series.
Each series will be held over 4 evenings with no more than 16 high adrenaline sprint races in the club’s fleet of Elliott 7's.
Daily briefings will be held at 1730hrs on the deck at the CYCA. Races will commence at 1755hrs in the vicinity of Rushcutters Bay and Sydney Harbour.
- Dates - Summer Series
- Tuesday 21 March 2017
- Thursday 23 March 2017
- Tuesday 28 March 2017
- Thursday 30 March 2017
This is a series targeted at crews who want to improve teamwork and skills for the Bluewater Series, SOPS or Twilights… or just want to have some good, clean, competitive fun with mates.
This series is aimed at sharpening sailing skills to improve starts, mark-rounding’s, hoists and gybes to name a few, while also introducing simple techniques used by grand prix teams to maximise on board efficiency for decision making and boat speed.
Conditions of Entry:
- Entry fee is $720, for a team of four.
- The skipper and one crew member must be current CYCA members.
- Prior sailing experience is to be declared.
- Preference will be given to skippers who have not yet competed in a CYCA Elliott 7 Series
- For an additional fee a YSA coach/graduate can be on-board in an advisory capacity.
Applications for invitation to the series must be submitted to the Youth Sailing Academy by 0900hrs on Friday 17 March 2017
Notice of Race including entry form